The City of Clovis has a vacancy for a Clovis resident to serve on the Water Policy Advisory Committee. The committee meets at 8:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at City Hall. Their duties and responsibilities are as follows:-
- advising and assisting the city commission and the citizens of Clovis in the development and application of water conservation programs and principles;
- fostering water conservation in the City of Clovis and Curry County;
- encouraging water conservation activity by residents of the City of Clovis and sponsor and conduct appropriate programs of publicity, education, coordination and activities as the Committee deems necessary to enhance water conservation.
- investigating, researching and promoting water related matters to enhance and sustain water availability.
- establishing both a short term and long term water policy recommendations for the City of Clovis.
- researching, coordinating, and advising the City on matters relating to the development of the Ute Water Pipeline Project.
The City will accept applications for the position until 5:00 p.m., August 31st, 2014. For more information, or to obtain an application form, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 769-7828 or by e-mailing email@example.com.